It is therefore appropriate to start paying attention to the literature on how to make one’s app rank high in the search results of the the big two, aka “mobile app seo” (seo = search engine optimization).
There is an excellent set of research-based guidelines for Google play SEO at http://simlabs.submitinme.com/seo-for-google-andriod-market-aka-google-play-a-case-study/ . The key points listed there are as follows:
- Inclusion of keyword optimized title, description, a video, etc., for the app within Google play (Huge Impact)
- Presence of the app in the other markets and app directories such as app brain (Huge Impact)
- Availability of a parent website (Moderate Impact)
- Availability of an updated blog dedicated for the app (Moderate Impact)
- Download number spikes. Sudden increases in the number of downloads can be achieved with promotion in social media (Huge Impact)
- Number of Google plus ones for the app (According to us this has a very strong relation)
- Number of tweets (According to us this has a very strong relation)
- Number of downloads (Moderate Impact)
- Number and the range of reviews (Moderate Impact)
- Consider the dedicated page for the app in Google play as the parent website and promote it using the conventional SEO and social media marketing. Be sure not to miss listing your app in any of the android app directories available today as a part of SEO. It is just like promoting a website but the primary target url is the dedicated Google play page. The buzz you create outside Google play would get your app ranked high in Google play search.
Of course, all this is relevant only if you have an app. To get one built at very low cost, visit our app development page.